The Pros and Cons of Porcelain Veneers
- Posted on: Nov 30 2022
Porcelain veneers are one of the most popular aesthetic dental procedures performed by Dr. Lenny Slepchik and his team. And it’s no wonder why! Veneers can completely transform the smile, giving you the appearance of straight, white teeth. But before you jump on the veneer bandwagon, you will often need to understand both the pros and cons of this procedure.
- Porcelain veneers are extremely thin pieces of high-quality, custom-made ceramic bonded to the front surface of your teeth. This means that they can be used to cover up a variety of imperfections, including gaps, chips, and stains.
- Veneers are very durable and often last several years with proper care.
- Porcelain is a very natural-looking material, so your veneers will blend in seamlessly with your other teeth.
- Veneers can give you a beautiful and confident smile that you’ll be proud to show off!
- Porcelain veneers are not reversible, so once they are bonded to your teeth, there’s no going back.
- Veneers can be more expensive than alternative options, and the cost of the procedure can range from $500 to $1500 per tooth.
- Because porcelain is a hard material, it can sometimes be difficult to match the exact shade of your natural teeth. This means that your veneers may not look completely natural.
- Porcelain veneers require minor preparation of the tooth before they can be applied, which means that you may need to have a small amount of your natural tooth enamel removed.
- There is a small risk that the bonding material used to attach the veneers to your teeth could fail, causing the veneer to become loose or fall off completely.
If you’re considering porcelain veneers, be sure to discuss both the pros and cons with Dr. Lenny Slepchik to help you make an informed decision about whether this procedure is right for you. Call his office at 514-875-7971 to make an appointment, or email the front office team at [email protected]. We are here for both new and returning patients who are interested in general, cosmetic, and restorative dentistry solutions with an experienced provider in the community of Montreal.