Info about Dental Implants
- Posted on: Sep 15 2022
Dental implants are an excellent restorative solution for people living with missing teeth. Unlike dentures, which can be uncomfortable, inconvenient and slippery, dental implants are a permanent solution that looks and feels natural. Dr. Lenny Slepchik, located in downtown Montreal, is a restorative dentist who will advise his patients if they are good candidates for dental implants.
What are some common facts about dental implants?
Dr. Lenny Slepchik educates his patients why they may need implants and explains more about this option as an alternative to dentures or bridges. Below are some facts for patients to consider when choosing a tooth replacement option that is most appropriate for their unique and personal needs:
- Dental implants are a permanent solution for missing teeth. While the restorations over the implant’s abutment may need to be replaced over time, patients who care correctly for their implants will enjoy them for a very long time.
- Dental implants are an option for people who are unable to wear dentures. Patients can even use them in conjunction with dentures to create a fully-functional alternative, as in implant supported dentures.
- Dental implants are made of titanium and other materials compatible with the human body. This ensures they are not rejected and maintain the natural bone.
- Dental implants can replace a single tooth, multiple teeth, or all of the teeth. This versatility makes them an excellent choice for patients facing tooth loss.
- Dental implants are placed in the jawbone and fuse with the bone in order to support porcelain teeth. This ensures they function excellently–just like natural teeth!
- Dental implants will last for years with proper care. In fact, many of our patients find that even though they are more expensive initially than other options, they cost less over time, thanks to their longevity.
Request an appointment today!
If you are thinking about getting dental implants and wish to discuss it with Dr. Lenny Slepchik, call 514-875-7971 or email [email protected] to request a consultation visit. He welcomes new patients and can assess and explain what dental options are available for you.
Posted in: Dental Implants