What are the benefits of digital dental x-rays?
- Posted on: May 15 2021
Over the years, dental technology has advanced tremendously to ensure that patients obtain care that is comfortable and less time-consuming. Traditional x-ray techniques often had various concerns, such as the time needed to wait for film development, environmental concerns, and radiation exposure. Fortunately, digital radiography has made it possible to enjoy a variety of benefits over traditional methods. Dr. Lenny Slepchik and his team can educate patients on the many advantages that digital dental x-rays have over traditional methods.
The benefits of digital dental x-rays vs. traditional dental x-rays
- Less radiation exposure. Digital dental x-rays use approximately 90% less radiation than traditional methods, reducing overall exposure to the patient for a safer experience.
- Faster appointment times. Because digital dental x-rays are immediate and do not require film processing, patients—and their dentist—can save time and energy.
- Higher-quality imaging. Digital dental x-rays are stored in a computerized system with high-quality images. The dentist can zoom into specific areas to provide accurate and precise views of the patient’s smile.
- Easy recording of dental records. Digital dental x-rays are stored on the computer system at his practice, allowing for easy storage and maintenance of a patient’s dental history records.
- Environmentally friendly. Since digital dental x-rays do not use any chemicals for film development, they are much more environmentally friendly than their traditional counterparts.
- Immediate views. Real-time viewing of a patient’s smile is achievable with the use of digital dental x-rays at his practice, allowing for accurate diagnosis of potential dental problems. Because of the clarity of the digital dental x-rays and the ability to zoom into areas of concern, dentists are able to accurately and precisely diagnose dental problems that might require further treatment.
Learn more about the services provided by Dr. Lenny Slepchik
If you reside or work in Downtown Montreal and are seeking the care of a dental professional with passion and experience, now is the time to connect with Dr. Lenny Slepchik and his team. Call the office at (514) 875-7971 to schedule a consultation appointment, or email him at r[email protected] to request an appointment..
Posted in: Digital X-Rays