The Benefits of using an Electric Toothbrush
- Posted on: Apr 15 2023
When you visit Dr. Lenny Slepchik’s office and his team in downtown Montreal, you may be told by your dental hygienist that you would benefit from using an electric toothbrush. But why are electric toothbrushes more desirable? Are they really more effective at keeping the teeth and gums clean? Our team is here to educate you on the benefits of using an electric toothbrush versus a manual toothbrush.
What Are the Advantages of Using an Electric Toothbrush?
Using an electric toothbrush can provide a number of advantages over manual brushing:
- Electric toothbrushes are designed to move in circular motions with oscillation, rotation-oscillation, or sonic technology to help remove plaque from teeth and along the gum line more effectively than manual brushing.
- Some electric toothbrushes have built-in timers that alert you when your brushing time is up to ensure thorough cleaning of your teeth and gums.
- Electric toothbrushes do not need to be replaced entirely, as they have removable heads that can be switched out when the brushes become worn. This saves money over time for many of our patients.
- Electric toothbrushes are extremely affordable, with basic models running just a few dollars each at your local drugstore.
- Electric toothbrushes are easy to charge. Some have charging stations that can be set up in the bathroom, while others use simple AA or AAA batteries for power that can be easily swapped when needed.
All of the above features make electric toothbrushes far more efficient at keeping the teeth clean and may be recommended to all of our patients who are looking for a deep clean every time they brush and floss. Younger patients may also benefit from electric toothbrushes, which can be more thorough than using a manual toothbrush.
Schedule a Visit With Dr. Lenny Slepchik and His Team Today!
If you live in the Montreal area and are interested in educating yourself further on ways to keep your smile healthy can clean, it might be time to consider an electric toothbrush. Call 514-875-7971 to schedule an upcoming visit at the office, or send an email to [email protected] to request an appointment time.
Posted in: General Dentistry