What are Dental Crowns?
A crown restores the shape, appearance and function of a damaged tooth.
When is a crown the treatment of choice?
- A tooth that has previously had a root canal
- A tooth that has previously had a large filling
- A tooth that is broken
- A tooth that is misshaped
- A tooth that is discoloured
A tooth that has been restored with a crown will look like a natural tooth.
Fabricating a crown is a procedure that needs 2 appointments.
- In the first appointment, the tooth is prepared, an impression is taken (with Itero, our digital impression system) and a temporary crown is fabricated. You will be in our office for 45 minutes. (A single crown)
- In the second appointment, the crown is bonded to the tooth. This appointment is 30 minutes.