At Lenny Slepchik DDS., we understand your may be nervous or anxious coming to our office. We want you to be comfortable, which is why we offer Sedation Dentistry. In this procedure, we provide you with medication that will make you feel relaxed and will reduce your overall stress level.
Who Is A Candidate For Sedation Dentistry?
In addition to being very helpful to patients who are fearful of going to the dentist, sedation dentistry in useful for patients who:
- Gag easily
- Have difficulty sitting still
- Have sensitive teeth or gums
- Require a large amount of dental work
- Have a low threshold for pain
During sedation dentistry, varying degrees of sedation may be used, depending on the needs of the patient and the type of procedure being performed.
Sedation Dentistry Testimonial
“I have been Dr. Slepchik’s patient for many years. He is experienced, keeps up to date with the latest technology and his charming staff make you feel like you are family, which alleviates the stress of going to the dentist.”
Dental Pain Solutions with Dr. Lenny Slepchik
In my office, we have found there are many ways to help a nervous patient. First, we all carefully listen to each patient. You supply the answers for us to help you. We appreciate so much when a new patient on the phone tells us they are scared, because we understand exactly what we have to do.
- Use our noise reduction headphones. These headphones are so effective that I have to lift them from my patient’s ear if I need to speak with you during the appointment.
- Please ask us to reserve the Nitrous Oxide for your dental appointment. This reversible sedation induces a light, happy feeling. You are awake the whole time; what it does is allow you not to focus on the sounds of the drill. If you prefer, you may ask us for music (on an ipod or your phone) and it will feel like you are at a concert. Use our noise reduction headphones for your total comfort.
- Using the Dental Vibe along with the Wand for the kindest injection you will EVER experience. Our nervous patients love it.
We are a group of genuinely kind,caring people who are ready to work with you and help you. We promise to use an approach designed to your specific needs. These and still other solutions have made each day satisfying to our entire team and has put a smile on our patient’s faces. We are happy that we can help our nervous patients to improve their dental health and make going to see the dentist a more positive experience.