At our office, we understand your may be nervous or anxious coming to see us for your dental care. We want you to feel comfortable and relaxed, which is why we offer Sedation Dentistry to our patients. In this procedure, we provide you with a medication that will help you feel relaxed and reduce your overall stress level.
What is Sedation Dentistry?
Sedation dentistry describes dental services intended for patient relaxation. This service may include the use of various medications that slow the central nervous system to reduce feelings of fear and anxiety. Patients are awake and able to communicate with Dr. Slepchik while using Nitrous Oxide.
Who Is A Candidate For Sedation Dentistry?
In addition to being very helpful to patients who are fearful of going to the dentist, sedation dentistry is useful for patients who experience the following before coming to see us or during their dental visit :
Have difficulty sitting still
Feel they have sensitive teeth or gums
Require a lengthy dental treatment appointment
Have a low threshold for pain
During sedation dentistry, varying degrees of sedation may be used, depending on the needs of the patient and the type of procedure being performed.
What Are the Benefits of Sedation Dentistry?
Sedation dentistry offers significant benefits, including:
- Immediate relief from anxiety– Nitrous oxide is fast-acting. It works quickly, within a few minutes, and also goes away quickly.
- Physical relaxation– Slowing the nervous system, sedation can also enable someone who has trouble sitting still to have necessary or elective treatment.
- Dull the gag reflex– Someone who has a strong gag reflex can make it difficult to do the dental treatment. When sedated, the muscles of the mouth and throat relax to decrease or eliminate the problem.
- Longer dental appointments– Patients can combine various treatments and get more work done in an appointment as they are more comfortable.
- Have a great experience at the dental office– Dental anxiety appears when you have had a bad experience. Sedation calms the mind and body. Some patients manage to give up sedation altogether after a few visits as we get to know each other better.
- Nitrous oxide sedation is fast-acting with a quick recovery- In a minute or 2, you will feel more relaxed. You can drive home safely after your dental appointment without lingering side effects.
How is Sedation Dentistry performed?
Nitrous oxide sedation has been very helpful for many of our patients. . Before starting your dental appointment, a small mask is placed over the patient’s nose. This mask delivers a mixture of nitrous oxide and oxygen. Within a few moments, feelings of stress diminish. The delivery of medication continues until your dental appointment is completed. At the end of the appointment, the patient receives full oxygen administration to relieve the effects of sedation. Once you tell us that you feel fine, you will get up as normal and resume your regular activities.
What Our Patients Have to Say
“This is the best dental clinic I have visited in my life. The staff is very professional and I love my hygienist. Dr. Slepchik is an excellent doctor and I recommend him totally.”
“I recently found this dentist office about a month after going to countless offices with dentists who either couldn’t fit my needs or try to be patient enough with me. I looked on Google and thankfully found Dr. Slepchik. He is a man of his craft. I have an anxiety disorder and I am proud to say that because of him I didn’t even need laughing gas. Even when I’m crying and freaking out a bit he and his team put me at complete ease I can get through all the work I need done. If you or someone have fear of dentists this is definitely is the place to go. I am so grateful for the whole team who make me feel like I’m a human being not just a lump of $$. And never give up on me.”
“I have been Dr. Slepchik’s patient for many years. He is experienced, keeps up to date with the latest technology and his charming staff make you feel like you are family, which alleviates the stress of going to the dentist.”
“This is the best dental practice in Montreal! Quality dental service, excellent communication with their customers, friendly staff and clean environment. Dr. Slepchik and hygienist Kinga are amazing people! Super friendly and professional! I highly recommend this place to anybody!”
“I had severe dental anxiety before coming to Dr. Slepchik because of a bad experience a few months ago. He listened to my concerns and made sure that my procedure was done properly and pain free. It was the first time in my life that I was actually relaxed during a visit. The dental hygienist, Maria, was very kind and patient with me. Diane, in the front desk, was super helpful and quick to respond to my emails/calls. I no longer trust anyone else with my dental health and will be a life-long patient!
Dental Pain Solutions with Dr. Lenny Slepchik
In my office, we have found there are many ways to help a nervous patient. First, we all carefully listen to each patient. You supply the answers for us to help you. We appreciate so much when a new patient on the phone tells us they are scared, because we understand exactly what we need to do to help them.
- Use our noise reduction headphones. These headphones are so effective that I have to lift them from my patient’s
- ear if I need to speak with you during the appointment.
- Please ask us to reserve the nitrous oxide for your dental appointment. This reversible sedation induces a light,
- happy feeling. You are awake the whole time; what it does is allow you not to focus on the sounds of the drill.
- If you prefer, you may ask us for music (or use your phone) and it will feel like you are at a concert. Use our noise reduction headphones for your total comfort.
- Using the Dental Vibe along with the Wand for the kindest injection you will EVER experience. Our nervous
- patients love it.
We are a group of genuinely kind, caring people who are ready to work with you to help you. We promise to use an approach designed to your specific needs. These and still other solutions have made each day satisfying to our entire team and have put a smile on our patient’s faces. We are happy that we can help our nervous patients to improve their dental health and make going to see the dentist a more positive experience.
Will I feel any pain with sedation dentistry?
Sedation used during your dental appointment is in addition to using our regular local anesthetic(the Dental Vibe along with the Wand). The injections themselves of the Dental Vibe along with the Wand are painless.
Dr. Slepchik routinely asks his patient if he or she is ready to begin the work because they are adequately frozen. Please tell us if you need a break during your appointment. Simply raise your hand and we will give you the time you need.
Is sedation dentistry dangerous?
In our office, Dr. Slepchik uses nitrous oxide to help his patients relax. The results are fast acting. This form of conscious sedation does NOT obstruct breathing. Our patients are always able to communicate with Dr. Slepchik and/or his assistant.
What is the recovery from Using Nitrous Oxide?
We offer nitrous oxide as a service to our patients. Patients feel less anxious without lingering side effects. By the time they leave our office, they are fully alert and may return to work.
Schedule a Sedation Dentistry Consultation with Dr. Slepchik
Speak with Dr. Slepchik to see if nitrous oxide is right for you! We have been quite successful with easing the dental anxieties of our very fearful patients. To learn more about sedation dentistry, call our Downtown Montreal office today at 514-875-7971 or click here to send us a Consultation Request Form. You can also email our office for more info at [email protected] We are located in Downtown Montreal, next to the Fairmont Queen Elizabeth Hotel across from Place Ville Marie, Metro Mc Gill or Metro Bonaventure.