There are many people in this world who get stressed when they hear that they need to go to the dentist. This is because sometimes dental treatments can be painful. As human beings, that is the natural response we have adopted and have become accustomed to. In fact, this fear is known as dental phobia. At Lenny Slepchik M.D., we understand how you feel and want you to be comfortable, and is why we offer Sedation Dentistry. In this procedure, we provide you with medication that will make you feel relaxed and will reduce your overall stress levels.
Who Is A Candidate For Sedation Dentistry?
In addition to being very helpful to patients who experience dental phobia, sedation dentistry in useful for patients who:
- Gag easily
- Have difficulty sitting still
- Have sensitive teeth or gums
- Require a large amount of dental work
- Have a low threshold for pain
During sedation dentistry, varying degrees of sedation may be used, depending on the needs of the patient and the type of procedure being performed.
Sedation Dentistry Testimonial
“Just had the safest graph surgery and everything went super well. Could’nt ask for a better smile!”
Dental Pain Solutions with Dr. Lenny Slepchik
In my office, we have found there are many ways to help a nervous patient. First, we all carefully listen to each patient. You supply the answers for us to help you. We appreciate so much when a new patient on the phone tells us they are scared, because we understand exactly what we have to do.
- Use our noise reduction headphones. These headphones are so effective that I have to lift them from my patient’s ear if I need to speak with you during the appointment.
- Please ask us to reserve the Nitrous Oxide for your dental appointment. This reversible sedation induces a light, happy feeling. You are awake the whole time; what it does is allow you not to focus on the sounds of the drill. If you prefer, you may ask us for music(on an ipod) and it will feel like you are at a concert.
- Using the Dental Vibe along with the Wand for the kindest injection you will EVER experience. Our nervous patients love it.
We are a group of genuinely kind, caring people who are ready to work with you and help you. An approach designed to your specific needs. These and still other solutions have made each day very satisfying to our entire team and has put a smile on our patient’s faces.