What Is A Smile Makeover?
Today there’s no reason to live with a smile you don’t like to see in the mirror every morning. Dr. Lenny Slepchik can give your smile a makeover. A smile makeover uses the latest techniques in cosmetic dentistry to give you a gorgeous smile.
The goal of a smile makeover is to give you a beautiful smile by creating veneers and/or crowns that have a beautiful NATURAL appearance. We can correct malformed teeth, teeth that are broken, chipped, or cracked. Each patient is different and presents their own unique challenges.
Glow, contour, translucency, and characterization are some of the many tools I use to create your unique smile. When doing smile makeovers, our motto of “Where Dentistry is an Art” clearly comes to the forefront. It is clearly based on sound scientific principles. In today’s dentistry, the thinking is to be as minimally invasive as possible. If teeth are not aligned properly, their position is corrected using the Invisalign system. Even our bonding techniques are part of the end result, as we have the ability to refine the brightness and translucency of the teeth by varying the bonding agent.
What Issues Can a Smile Makeover Address?
A big part of every smile makeover with Dr. Slepchik is finding what you like and what you hate about your smile. There isn’t a set group of procedures; everything we do is based on your unique situation.
These are the areas Dr. Slepchik will address with your smile makeover planning:
- Alignment and spacing — A smile makeover doesn’t address serious alignment issues that would require orthodontic treatment. But we do target problems such as slightly crooked teeth, gaps between teeth, and misshapen teeth. Porcelain veneers can do an amazing job masking these problems.
- Missing teeth — Replacing missing teeth doesn’t qualify as truly “cosmetic,” but this is surely a part of a cosmetic upgrade for your smile. If you’re missing a tooth or two, Dr. Slepchik believes dental implants are far and away the best replacement option. If you are missing a series of teeth, a bridge or even a partial denture can be used.
- Tooth colour — Every smile makeover at Lenny Slepchik D.D.S includes teeth whitening with our Zoom whitening system. It’s usually our first procedure because whitening returns your teeth to their natural whiteness. From there we can match other pieces of the puzzle, such as porcelain veneers, to your natural, whitened tooth colour. If your teeth are stained beneath the enamel, possibly from a reaction to tetracycline as a child, we can cover the stains on the front with porcelain veneers.
- Balance — A balanced smile is a good-looking smile. If you have an overly gummy smile, it can be the only thing a person talking with you notices. Dr. Slepchik uses a diode laser to recontour your gums to lengthen your teeth (visually). Otherwise, we’ll fix or cover chips and cracks in your teeth with dental bonding, porcelain veneers, or porcelain crowns.
Candidates For a Smile Makeover
No one has a perfectly natural smile. If you are unhappy with your smile, think about what you love about a smile and come talk with him. He wants to hear your thoughts and goals. One requirement is that your basic oral health is good. All smile makeovers require a healthy foundation. They involve various cosmetic changes to your smile. Serious oral health problems such as tooth decay, missing the majority or all of your teeth, and gum disease have to be dealt with before any smile makeover procedure can begin
Dr. Lenny Slepchik Patient Testimonial
“I have thoroughly enjoyed the work you and your team did for me. Not so much for the smile but the comfort, security and freedom that the implants have given me.” ~ T.T.
Benefits of a Smile Makeover
What’s the value of a dazzling, balanced, beautiful smile? A smile makeover can change how easily you smile and how confident you are when you do. We don’t even realize how much we subconsciously hide issues with our teeth, such as tetracycline staining. A smile makeover will make you more confident and proud of your smile.
Smile Makeover Procedures
Every smile makeover is unique to you, our patient; it is a combination of your goals and Dr. Slepchik’s expertise.
Together, these are the procedures that could be a part of your smile makeover:
- Porcelain Veneers
- Porcelain Crowns
- Dental Bonding
- Dental Implants
- Gum Contouring
- Teeth Whitening
How Long Does The Smile Makeover Process Take?
Your smile makeover is dependent on your unique needs. Most of these procedures are immediate and may be combined in a single appointment. Placing porcelain crowns and veneers, however, require a second appointment. This is because once Dr. Slepchik prepares your teeth for the crowns or veneers, a dental lab then fabricates them for us.
If dental implants are a part of your makeover, they take up to six months or so from start to finish. Other than implants, in most cases, a smile makeover can usually be accomplished in two appointments. Dr. Slepchik will discuss this with you during your consultation.
Smile Makeover Treatment
- Diagnosis; Examination, Digital X-rays, Cleaning, Taking your Photos and Models.
- Creating your Trial Smile on a model.
- Preparing the Teeth, Taking Digital Impressions and Placement of your Temporary Crowns on your teeth (your Trial Smile)
- After letting you live with your Trial Smile for a period of time, I refine it with your input of what you like, what you may want to change, etc. We collaborate together to get you the result you want.
- Final Placement; I have a special freezing technique that can freeze your teeth without freezing your lips. This allows you, our patient, to properly evaluate what we’ve done.
- Final Adjustment.
Smile Makeover Recovery
With most of these procedures, no recovery is necessary; dental implants and gum contouring are the exceptions. Placing an implant requires time where your gums need to heal and you’ll eat soft foods. Gum contouring will require a short recovery. Otherwise, procedures such as applying veneers or crowns have no recovery after the procedure.
How Long Will My Smile Makeover Results Last?
Dental implants can last for the remainder of the patient’s life. Gum contouring is permanent. Most of the other procedures have a lifespan. Porcelain veneers can last up to 20 years, while dental bonding usually lasts around a decade. Composite fillings can last 10-20 years.
Teeth whitening? How long your teeth will stay white depends on how much you like coffee, tea, red wine, and blueberries, and how diligent you are at home with your hygiene regimen.