What makes dental implants different than other tooth replacement solutions?
- Posted on: Oct 15 2019
Patients of Montreal, Quebec are sometimes not aware that they have many options to choose from when addressing tooth loss, including dentures or bridges. However, with the use of dental implants, patients can enjoy a long-lasting alternative that is strong and secure. Dental implants are of high demand for many reasons, and continue to be considered a treatment that can provide a permanent solution to missing teeth.
What is a dental implant?
Dr. Lenny Slepchik describes a dental implant as a titanium tooth root replacement. These restorations are designed to last forever, created from a metal that is biocompatible with the body. The implant itself is affixed into the jaw bone during oral surgery. The abutment, or the top portion, of the dental implant is then restored with a crown, a denture, or a bridge, depending on the patient’s unique needs.
Benefits of dental implants
Montreal, Quebec area dentist understands the reasons why patients may consider dental implants to restore their smile. There are several advantages that dental implants provide, including:
- Natural appearance – when dental implants are restored with a porcelain restoration over the top of the abutment, they look just like natural teeth. These restorations blend in seamlessly with the smile and can provide a beautiful alternative to metal restorations.
- Smart investment in the smile – while dental implants are more costly than the alternatives, they are a smart investment in one’s smile. Dental implants can last a lifetime, and are rarely unsuccessful during the initial placement when treatment is performed by an experienced dental professional.
- Full functionality – dental implants function just as a natural tooth once did, thanks to the strong bone foundation provided by the jaw.
- Long-lasting repair – patients love using dental implants because they are known to last a lifetime with proper care and attention. No other restoration has the longevity of a dental implant.
- Versatility – dental implants can be used to replace one, several, or all of the teeth in the dental arch. This versatility makes them a popular option for patients who are seeking the replacement of one or more teeth.
Dr. Lenny Slepchik offers implant dentistry
Our practice is ready to help patients in the area of Montreal, Quebec address tooth loss with state-of-the-art, modern solutions. If you reside in the community and are interested in implant dentistry, schedule an appointment by calling (514) 875-7971 today!
Posted in: Dental Implants